Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ - Rising Tide
Expand Your Territory with This New Science-Fiction-Themed Entry into the Award-Winning Game!
After the first wave of great colony ships departed Earth, the jubilation of humanity was short-lived. Those left behind fell into a violent struggle over the quickly-diminishing resources on their barren homeworld. From this tumultuous time, two new factions arose. These newcomers were grounded not in the idealism of their predecessors, but on opportunism, resilience, ruthlessness, and above all a commitment to their own survival.
Now, many decades after their first landfall on a new planet, the proud survivors of the first expeditions beyond Earth look up to see the skies darkened by a new breed of pioneers.
Beyond Earth extended the Civilization franchise from its historical setting into the possible futures of science fiction. Rising Tide extends Beyond Earth to new frontiers on the planets surface and beneath its seas, adding even more choices and diplomatic options as you continue to build just one more turn toward a new vision for the future of humanity.
Colonize the Ocean: Build floating settlements and access natural resources hidden beneath the seas of the alien planet. Alien beasts with unique abilities inhabit the water and challenge the player in new ways. The ocean provides a fully replayable map, new gameplay mechanics, and strategic possibilities for players to reign supreme in their new world.
Dynamic Leader Traits: Players and AI Leaders alike unlock new Traits through gameplay and activate different combinations to respond to the changing world. These dynamic sets of Traits also provide benefits and add to the new Diplomacy system, governed by the new Fear and Respect attributes.
New, Enhanced Diplomatic Options: Shape the diplomatic landscape by using political capital to upgrade your traits, change diplomatic relationships, and leverage the benefits of your allies traits.
New Sponsors: Four new factions have been added to the game including Al Falah, nomad explorers descended from wealthy and resilient Middle Eastern states that possess a rich cultural and commercial heritage.
New Artifact System: Collect and combine powerful relics to unlock new perks, unit upgrades, and buildings for your faction on the new world.
New Hybrid Units: Affinities are competing visions for the future of humanity. By investing in multiple Affinities, rather than specializing in just one, players can unlock special hybrid Affinity units and upgrades.
- New Biomes: Two new world types have been added. Primordial worlds are rife in volcanic activity and the chaotic landscape of a world still forming. Frigid worlds have cooled in their great age, their surfaces covered with icy oceans and frozen tundra
About the Game
- Release date: October 9, 2015
- Series: Sid Meier's Civilization
- Developer: Firaxis Games, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux)
- Publisher: 2K, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux)
- Type: Strategy
- ESRB (US): Everyone 10+
- PEGI (EU): 12
- RARS (Russia): 12+
- ACB (Australia): M - Recommended for mature audiences
- USK (Germany): 12
- Supported languages: Traditional Chinese, English, German, French, Italian, Korean, Spanish-Spain, Russian, Japanese, Polish
Get a full preview of Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide here
- Mostly Positive reviews on Steam
- 79% rating on Metacritic
- 4.0/5 stars on Amazon: ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★
System Requirements (Minimum)
Steam redemption. This deal offers only the SteamOS+Linux/Mac-compatible version of the game
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free disk space
- Graphics: ATI Radeon 4850 / nVidia 640M /Intel HD 4000
- SteamOS, Ubuntu 14.04
- Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 8GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 260
- Length of access: lifetime
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Access options: desktop
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.